Monday, March 16, 2009

"Weave, weave, weave me the sunshine out of the pouring rain..." Those lyrics from the old Peter, Paul & Mary song kept occupying my thoughts this morning as I did some weaving. (I did not get much done as I'm still nursing a shoulder injury. Drat NH ice). It still seems like magic to me when I think about how fluffs of sheep hair or strands of plant fibers turn into threads, which then can turn into cloth. It is almost like getting something from nothing, provided a little effort and know-how is involved. How cool is that? Only 8 more feet of weaving before I can put on a new warp! I think a few tea towels or table napkins are coming next. The demands of the yard are already starting to press on our free time (we worked on building a compost bin yesterday and got our lovely seeds from Johnny's on Saturday). But there's always a few minutes to sit at the loom...Blessings, Kate :)

No comments: