Monday, August 24, 2009

Catherine from ShellScapes


Hello, friends. Isn't this cake topper a thing of beauty? Today I'd like to introduce you to my friend, Catherine. Catherine is a fellow New Englander who creates wedding accessories from seashells. Her work is stunning. I am fortunate to have some of her shell pieces and they are a treasure to behold. Words do not do her work justice!

These are hairpins:


These are shells that you can put in your bouquet:


And...something for your groom.


Catherine makes her items available on Etsy, and here is the link:
http://www.shellscapes.etsy.com

She also maintains a lovely blog; you can find it on the sidebar of my blog.

I'm sure you will enjoy her treasures as much as I do.

As for the weaving here at Nutfield, as time allows I am wrapping up work on the green table linens and winding a new warp for lace in a new pattern (and toying with the idea of adding some small, pretty beads in this lace). My boys return to school this week (already), so we are enjoying the last few days of summer.

Be well, Kate :)

1 comment:

Julong said...

Amzing,its so nice blog.There are beautiful when l look at them.