Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Girls Night Out Scarves


Hello, friends. I'm taking a leap in my shop and adding a few non-wedding items. Like most every weaver out there, I really enjoy weaving scarves. I've added a couple of scarves to my site. One of my Etsy Wedding Team colleagues suggested that the scarves would actually make really fun gifts for bridal attendants -- something that hadn't ever crossed my mind! What do you think??

Lots of weaving yesterday on my copper-y table napkins, and I wound a warp for a bridal shawl. I am trying to decide if I want to weave beads into the shawl as it is woven or if I want to include beads on the fringe only. There is enough warp available for 2 shawls, so maybe I'll just mix things up a bit!

Have a splendid day. Rain here in New Hampshire last evening, but it is good for the plants.
Be well, Kate :)

2 comments:

Shelle said...

I love that scarf, it's different. I had a scarf made by an young Italian designer about 20 years ago, it matched my bright orange, yellow lined, wool jacket and it was so original. I've been thinking of making some...of course the beauty of it was all in the fabric. It was stolen, like most of my favourite things, which I was on the road. I think it would make a great gift.

Nutfield Weaver said...

Thanks, Shelle! I'm sorry to hear about your scarf -- how terrible to have something taken from you like that. Sigh...You should make some and then share with us! Kate ;)