Monday, September 28, 2009

Sweeter than honey ivory lace ring pillow


Hello, friends. I hope that you all had a splendid weekend. Fall has definitely arrived in New England. The leaves are changing colors, and the crop is in at the apple orchards. I'm taking a break from canning applesauce and pears today (although I do enjoy getting a free facial while standing over the stove).

Here is a pretty new ring pillow that I made for a bride-to-be in Chicago. I am calling it "Sweeter than Honey" because of the pretty honey-beige beads that are sewn into the fabric. Just the right amount of light is picked up with the beading. What do YOU think?

I am planning a shawl for the cooler months. I have high hopes for it! The weaving yarn is here for it; right now I am in the "calculation" stage. Plus, there are still several yards of warp on the loom, at which I am slowly but surely picking away. ("Picking" away -- do you get my weaving joke???) (If you don't, send me a note in the "comments" section!) :)

Be well and enjoy the day!
Kate :)

No comments: