Friday, October 30, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...

Hello, friends. What a busy week we have had here in our house. My two boys are both getting orthodontic treatment, so we have started the string of appointments that is required. The expense is considerable, but we're looking forward to seeing our youngest son show his teeth when he smiles and to having our oldest son stop fretting about his "fangs."

I was tickled pink yesterday to learn that my handwoven ivory lace capelet will be worn by a bride on November 21st! The capelet is all set to make its way to NJ -- pressed and carefully packed, and also sent with a special freebie for the buyer (a handwoven sachet with lavender).

Yesterday I wove 6 table napkins and am very pleased with how they turned out. I will load up a picture once they're off the loom, washed, cut, and hemmed/finished. They feature a lace border; it is a "boxy" lace, not a fussy, frilly lace. More of a textural design.

One more piece of good news here, I have an audition with the NH Philharmonic next month! I am practicing as much as my fingers will allow! I'm still at the blister stage right now -- callouses come later (sooner, rather than later, hopefully). My Andrew fell asleep yesterday afternoon while I practiced. It was after his ortho. appointment; it reminded me of when he used to nap as an infant.

I have 4 lovely items selected for 4 Friday Favorites today, but I am having trouble uploading the pictures. I'll keep tinkering with this and will maybe be able to have them up later today or tomorrow!
Be well, Kate :)

No comments: