Friday, October 16, 2009

Dress hangers with handwoven lace


Hello, friends. We woke up to snow this morning! It is not sticking to the ground, but just looking at it makes it feel colder than it is! There were plenty of things to do indoors, however! My husband is brewing a new batch of beer. I love that grainy, hoppy smell that is coming from the kitchen.

I'm working on padded dress hangers that will feature my handwoven lace. I am not working from a pattern, so there is some trial & error involved of course. I can't decide if I should shirr the fabric when it is placed over the hanger, or if I should leave it as is, to highlight the texture of the fabric. I think that there are a lot of possibilities with this particular item! It would make a really nice bridal attendant gift. I'm thinking about adding a small drawstring pouch to hold small items, such as buttons, and possibly a sachet as well. I will be getting nicer hangers, too. I picked what I could find from our local Wal-Mart this morning while running errands, and as you might guess, the selection was a bit limited!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. We'll be watching Michigan football, hopefully!
Be well, Kate :)

1 comment:

ShellScapes said...

What a great idea! Love them!