Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Heifer International & Nutfield Greeting Cards


Hello, friends. I am so excited to have completed the design for my Heifer International fund raising effort! If you aren't familiar with Heifer International, please visit their website to learn more about their mission to end worldwide hunger and caring for the Earth.

I hope to raise some money for this worthy charity by selling holiday/seasonal greeting cards using pieces of my handwoven lace. A set of 2 cards will be sold for $7, with $5 from each sale going to Heifer International. $2 will be kept to cover material and shipping expenses. I would love to be able to raise funds to buy some honeybees or tree seedlings. Who knows? I hope that I sell enough to keep things hopping around here and will put my boys to work helping me out at the post office!

I finished weaving my shawls, and should be getting off of the computer so that I can hang the shawls to dry. Halcyon Yarn also delivered my latest order today as well -- willow green weaving yarn. I can't wait to see how it weaves up! The color looks yummy.

Be well, Kate

3 comments:

Heifer Portland said...

Your handmade greeting cards are beautiful. Good luck and best wishes on your fundraiser for Heifer International. We will include your creative talents in our "HERD The News" this week. Thanks for your continued support!

Susan said...

Hi Kate,
My husband and I give family members gifts from Heifer every holiday (instead of gifts to each other). Where are your cards for sale? I am looking for artistic cards with a cause to send to my clients this year (do you include the Heifer cause anywhere on your cards?)

Thanks! I appreicate your passion!

Nutfield Weaver said...

Hello, Susan! My cards are available for sale on my Etsy site, which you can get to via a widget on the upper-right of my site. There is a small label on the back of the card with details about Heifer. I'll contact you directly with more info today! Be well, Kate :)