Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Wish Me Luck -- handwoven lace wedding garter


Hello, friends. We have a brisk fall day here in New Hampshire. The trees are really lovely right now!

I finished weaving my first of two bridal shawls. The first one will have a hemmed edge and possibly a few beads. The second one will have fringe -- and possibly some beads. They'll each measure a generous 72" and are about 20" wide. The pattern is a diamond lace, similar to the one I made for the "Diamonds & Pearls" ring bearer pillow. (Which, by the way, I submitted to Craftgawker.com last night -- we'll see if they like the pictures!).

Here is a new wedding garter. I'm calling this one "Wish Me Luck," in reference to the violet flower on the front. I really like this one. Garters are such an important tradition during the wedding celebration. So many of the garters out there look like they belong on the set of "Moulin Rouge," which of course if perfectly fine if that is one's personal taste. I am hoping that mine fill what I perceive to be a bit of a gap! Here is a picture.

Off to work on that shawl!
Be well, Kate :)

No comments: