Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Table napkins on Tuesday


Hello, friends. We celebrated my youngest son's 12th birthday yesterday, and we had such a fun time. Our boys get to choose their menus on their birthdays, so we had an eclectic meal of turkey tacos, caesar salad, Doritos, and white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. My husband makes a wicked good cheesecake!

I finished weaving a fairly good sized run of spot weave lace yesterday, and began threading my loom for some table napkins in a Christmas-y green color. I also sold a "Celtic Connections" wedding garter yesterday, so kept myself pretty busy putting the finishing touches on that! The garter will be sent off to a California bride today.

The UPS man brought a lovely delivery yesterday -- lots of 10/2 mercerized cottons in lipstick red, blue, and a nice, earthy brown. I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Tomorrow my boys will be getting their braces put on, so I will be sure to take some handwork with me to keep me busy so I don't fret too much while they're in the ortho's chair! I'll probably work on some crocheted lace! The one drawback to being a weaver is that it makes taking your work with you a bit difficult!
Be well, Kate :)

No comments: