Monday, November 23, 2009

Weaving and spinning


Hello, friends. I'm plugging away at my 11 yard warp and the end is in sight. I spent a fair amount of time at my spinning wheel this weekend. Here's a picture of a skein I finished. I got the roving from Michigan; I think it is from a Romney sheep (or maybe Corriedale -- I am not really sure). It is soft & it has a nice loft to it.

I'm also going to brag about my oldest son, Nathan. He turns 14 tomorrow. He is a very artistic young man and, like many kids these days, knows his way around a computer quite well. He has blended these talents and has a keen interest in claymation. Here is a picture of a shepherd that he has been working on. He is making a claymation video that retells the story of the shepherd and the angel on the night of the birth of Christ. I think he's doing very well, how about you???


Hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving.
Be well, Kate :)

No comments: