Thursday, January 21, 2010

What to call this towel?


Hello, friends. I've been selling on Etsy for a little over a year now, and I've learned a lot of things. One of the things I've learned is that, along with some decent pictures, an item stands a good chance of being picked up if it has a catchy title. So here is my dilemma:

I'd like a descriptive, clever title for this tea towel (something other than "Handwoven tea towel in orange and blue), but I'm really struggling. (Granted, I have a few days -- I'm still weaving my first one on a 6+ yard warp).

Here are some ideas so far:
1. Sunny clear day
2. Morning glory......
3. Robins egg blue and Etsy Orange Tea towel
4. Bluebird (not exactly the same blue as an Eastern blue bird, but you get the idea...)
5. I Love Etsy tea towel (look at their home page - these colors dominate)

Ideas, anyone??? Drop me a note with your input in the comments section!

We may take a road trip tomorrow to VT to visit Long Trail Microbrewery. We'll see how the weather is. At least there was no shovelling/snowblowing on the to-do list today!

Be well, Kate :)

3 comments:

emicat said...

Hello Kate! I just purchased your Robins egg blue towel and I'll admit, the words "Robins egg blue" peaked my interest, as I do love that blue.

I think the color description of Robins egg blue and sunny orange tea towel would be plenty to draw interest. Your beautiful work speaks for itself! :)

Anonymous said...

The aqua and orange together somehow make me think of marine stuff. I can't think of any catchy names, though, except ones that would cause copyright/trademark problems (like Sea World or Miami Dolphins). What if you call the orange "tangerine"? Tangerine tea towel??

Anonymous said...

Its probably too late, but I vote for "Tangerine Sky".

Diane