Thursday, January 28, 2010

Winding, warping, weaving

Hello, friends. It is good to be busy! My big yarn order arrived yesterday, and I have been busy winding warps and getting threads organized on the loom. I am doing my best to get through my list of custom requests. People have been very patient, though, which is lovely, and so I am able to work carefully and not feel rushed.


The loom has a run of tea towels right now and will include towels in robins egg blue, willow green, red, and possibly yellow. Here is a sneak peak:



I sold one of my custom monogrammed ring pillows yesterday and it is headed to Virginia. I like the purple embroidery floss color. Here is a picture:



We have been enjoying our backyard circus. The squirrells have found our birdfeeder, and this morning I counted six different types of birds. The squirrells are a bit of a nuisance, but they are funny to watch.

Be well, Kate

No comments: