Thursday, February 11, 2010

Herb garden themed kitchen textiles

Hello, friends. Hope you are staying warm! It is chilly here (it is February) but the skies are clear.



Work on some new textiles is proceeding well. Here is a picture of some new fabric (you saw the warp threads yesterday). I like the way that the colors are intersecting with each other. I'm still working out a few dimensions while the fabric is on the loom (so that the fabric is balanced), but I think that I'll have a couple of table napkins and tea towels with this warp. What do you think? The purple may be a bit too dark -- I may have to break down and get that dusty lavender that I've been eyeing from my supplier.

Next up: a run of apple blossom textiles or maybe some lace in willow green. Let me know what you think of the colors used in the herb garden textiles!
Be well, Kate

No comments: