Saturday, February 27, 2010

The lights are back on

Hello, friends. We're getting back to normal after a humdinger Nor'easter here in New Hampshire on Thursday night. There were 91 mph winds recorded and power outages were (and still are, today) widespread across our tiny state. Our seacoast was really battered. We're feeling lucking that we only lost our electricty for a while (it came back on this morning) and have some downed limbs in the back yard.

So we made the best of things by hunkering down in our family room with books and a toasty fire in the fireplace. Andrew read about 200 pages of Harry Potter & Nathan took notes about tropical fishkeeping from several library books. My hubby planned out our trip to the Grand Canyon. I read a lot of "My Life In France" by Julia Child and also toyed with some crocheted lace edgings. It was too cold upstairs to weave while the power was out, so I had to be happy with my crochet hook.

Here are some pictures of some of my samples:



I put in a row of buttonholes, which I thought could also serves as holes through which ribbon could be threaded. Nice on a garter, don't you think? (Or, it could even be a toss garter on its own -- this will take some pattern tinkering).

Here is a shell edging, which my husband liked the best:



And here is another edging, which would also work on a garter:



Things were busy with Nutfield last week (4 sales on Thursday to 3 different buyers), and I'm hopeful that this week will be exciting, too. Let's just hope that the worst of the weather is behind us so that I can use my sewing machine and iron!
Be well, Kate :)

No comments: