Thursday, February 18, 2010

A sunny day

Hello, friends. After an unfortunate event between our front door and my right index finger yesterday, I am getting back on track with my weaving and other activities. I highly dislike being slowed down, but it did give me a chance to study some of the music the we're doing with the NH Phil. The Barber piece, "Knoxville: Summer of 1915" is challenging but very lovely. It almost has a lullaby quality about it, which makes it difficult to concentrate on after 7:30 at night!

Here is a picture of some more tea towels that are on the loom today. I've woven a run that include several of the popular colors that I've done this winter (i.e. robins egg blue & spring green/sage), but I'm trying some new ones as well. I've got one each of a berry/purple-red and a gold/mustard. Here is a picture of the gold one. It reminds me of the colors of our kitchen in my childhood home in Boston, New York (the OTHER Boston...). Here is a peek:



We have our gym night tonight so I have some chicken and black beans ready for the crockpot. I would be lost without my crockpot. Julia Child probably never used a crockpot, but then again, she didn't have 2 boys to feed on top of a husband!
Be well, Kate :)

No comments: