Thursday, March 11, 2010

Playing with yarn

Hello, friends. I've been threading heddles with 10/2 cotton for the last hour and decided it was time for a break. While I was waiting for my kettle to get my tea water ready, I was treated to a nice view of a group of hooded mergansers on the marsh. I checked our guide book; last year we noted their appearance on the 24th of March. They have made an early visit to our neighborhood this year.

While not reading Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, a birthday gift from my son, Andrew, I've been working on a cables & lace scarf at night. Here is a picture:



This is not "fast" knitting, but having that yummy "Manos de Uruguay" yarn in one's hands, which is spun from Merino wool & silk, makes it easy to take things slow.

I'm going to go make sure that the marsh's gang of mallards is not bullying our mergansers. They are guests, after all.

Be well, Kate

No comments: