Monday, March 1, 2010

Three scarves

Hello, friends. The wind is howling here this morning, which is making me a tad nervous, so I'm using the computer just in case something wacky happens with the power again!

There is a lovely warp on the loom right now and I'm anxious to weave this week's kitchen towel design. After these towels are finished, I'm starting a run of some ivory lace spot weave for wedding accessories and keepsakes. Summer and fall brides are starting to make regular inquiries and requests, so I am thinking that it would be a good thing to have a generous supply of lace on hand. Just this week, I received custom requests for 2 flower girl baskets, 2 petal cones, and a scarf in rayon boucle with beaded fringe.

Speaking of scarves, here is a picture of some work I just completed for a friend in Michigan. These are also rayon scarves with beaded fringe. They feel just yummy.



Let me know what you think!

I'm off to prepare breakfast for my boys. Feeding Nathan and Andrew, ages 14 and 12, has turned into a FULL TIME JOB.
Be well, Kate :)

No comments: