Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A very tiny pincushion


Hello, friends. I've been doing a lot of monogramming lately for buttons and found that I needed a small pincushion for a pin or two and a sharp needle. I looked for one at the fabric store yesterday, but couldn't bring myself to buy something that was made in China. What is a girl to do? Make her own!

I made this from a small circle of quilter's cotton that I had on hand and stuffed it with scraps of wool roving. I put on a special button, too, one of a collection of vintage buttons that my Grandmother gave to me. It measures about 2.5" in diameter and is perfect for a small space. What do you think? If you like it, let me know and I'll put the directions on the blog.

Off to play with yarn.
Be well, Kate ;)

1 comment:

Heather Rojo said...

Yes, I'd love the directions! Do put it on the blog!