Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some new toss garters

Hello, friends. I'm putting on a pretty big warp on the loom this week (it is over 11 yards long and has about 600 threads), so it is sometimes nice to take a break from this tedious business. Here is the result of today's tinkering:

This is a garter with a red ribbonwork rose (I love to make these folded roses)...



and this is a garter with an amethyst ribbonwork rose...


Which do you prefer? I like them both. The red sort of "pops" but I like the soft purple, too. I may work up a couple of roses in a forget-me-not blue and see how those turn out.

My oldest son is on a bus headed for Washington D.C. with his eighth grade class. He was very excited to go, and had us up and running at 4 a.m. so that he could get to the middle school by 5! The energy level of this particular mom is starting to fade as the day wears on!

Be well, Kate

2 comments:

Kay | Print Posters said...

I prefer the purple garter, because it is really looks relax and fresh :) I am thinking to use this as a head band for babies, could this be? It is really cute!

Nutfield Weaver said...

Hmmm....That is a very interesting thought, Kay. I haven't done very much in the way of items for children because of CSPIA issues, but it may be worthwhile to investigate this concept some more! (Some of those baby headband flowers are GIANT!)