Sunday, May 30, 2010

A blue columbine

Hello, friends. Happy Sunday. I just stepped in from working outside in the garden. The basil seedlings now have new homes and are out of their yogurt container cribs. The chipmunks have grown increasingly bold, and spent the morning trampling my fernleaf dill seedlings and eating strawberries right off of the plants. They spit out the parts that aren't ripe. How very cheeky.

Speaking of gardens, here is a lovely picture of a columbine that my husband took. He is an optical engineer and really knows his way around a camera. (I suppose I should have him take the pictures for Nutfield Weaver). This plant is doing very nicely this year. I love blue flowers. How 'bout you?



I had an inquiry about making handwoven lace padded dress hangers for baby clothes. I've done a bit of this already on a customer request basis, but I think I will go ahead and add a few of these to Nutfield. They will look just like this, only they will be sized for little ones. This actually made it to the Front Page of Etsy on Saturday morning, too. Here is a picture of the dress hanger:



Off to hang up some laundry. Have a safe holiday and be well, Kate :)

No comments: