Friday, May 28, 2010

A new garter and a Friday field trip

Hello, friends. Hoping that this finds you well and looking forward to Memorial Day weekend.

My new yarn order arrived today from Webs. I selected some inspiring 8/2 cottons for fall. It will be fun to make some new items from colors like burnt sienna as the temperatures start to climb here. Weaving is nice to do in the summer - especially if you are fortunate enough to have central air conditioning on a hot day.

Yesterday I played around with a new patchwork garter. This one features a bit of blue and, of course, my favorite "birdies" fabric. Here is a picture:



My husband and I spent the morning shopping for new perennials and shrubs. We found some lovely specimens, including a "President Lincoln" peony, a rugosa rose, dianthus, and a climbing honeysuckle. We are looking forward to getting these established in our yard this weekend.

Have a safe and pleasant holiday! Be well, Kate :)

1 comment:

All Bliss Be Thine said...

Just discovered your items on Etsy. Love your wedding items.