Monday, June 14, 2010

Handwoven lace shawl

Hello, friends. What an exciting day at our house for a Monday. I watched a fox trot through our backyard as I was puttering in my herb garden this morning, I sold another kitchen towel to a household in NYC, AND I finished weaving the first of two lace shawls that are on the loom right now. I like the way the shawl looks on the loom. Here is a sneak peek:



The ends will be hand hemstitched and have a hand-twisted fringe. The shawl will be light-weight, which is nice for cool evenings. And the best part is (I think) that the item can be passed on to a bride's family member and size/fit doesn't matter.

My boys are almost finished with their schooling for this year. I will have a high schooler in the house in just a matter of days.

Be well, Kate :)