Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My new favorite blue

Hello, friends. Hoping this finds you well and enjoying your day. I have a new favorite color: colonial blue. Maybe I like it so much because I am itching to get to the coast and this blue has a somewhat nautical feel about it. Anyway, here is a picture of the colonial blue that found its way into one of my table napkins:



I'm actually keeping this one for myself! I like to see how new colors wash up after weaving before trying to sell something that is made from a new yarn. If this one passes the "Kate Test" I will probably use this in some new kitchen textiles.

Today I am going to do some sampling. I have a namedrafted pattern ready for a 50th anniversary gift, and I'm sampling to see how it works up on the loom. I will keep you posted!

Have a lovely day.
Be well, Kate :)

No comments: