Friday, June 25, 2010

New kitchen textiles

Hello, friends! Happy Friday morning to you. It is a lovely day here in Londonderry -- sunny and clear. It will be hard to spend much time at the loom today, especially since I discovered an angry hoard of Japanese beetles in our garden yesterday. But our borage is blooming, our cabbages & broccoli are ready to harvest, and our prickly pear cactus is blossoming. (Yes, we have a prickly pear cactus in our garden. They are hardy to Zone 4!)

I have listed a few new kitchen towels in my shop this week. I received some very nice compliments on this one yesterday:



and this one is up for sale, too:



Now I've got a white warp ready to tie on to the front beam for customer requests (more new colorways, which is always exciting) and a big 'ole 12 yard warp ready after that for custom table napkins. I'm doing a lot of work in the early mornings these days, since my guys are on summer vacation, and we try to stay occupied.

Life is good...
Be well, Kate

PS: My picture of the eyelet petal cone is STILL on Etsy's Front Page as of this morning! Woo hoo!

No comments: