Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New towels & burlap wedding accessories

Hello, friends. I have been swamped lately! I guess it is a good problem to have. The August & September brides are starting to look for accessories about now, and I got my first request for Christmas gifts this week! It is never too soon to start weaving for Christmas, actually.

I had the pleasure of creating some custom kitchen textiles this week. Here is a set of kitchen towels in shale & white:



and here are some towels in white and ochre and white and yellow:



I'm gearing up to weaving several sets of table napkins -- also custom requests -- between now and next Wednesday. I like to weave table napkins as they are just a tad smaller than kitchen towels!

And the burlap lovers have been coming into Nutfield Weaver pretty regularly. Here is a custom ring bearer pillow for a delightful young bride-to-be:



And now I need to tend to my laundry and water the front garden. And my two boys and I are engaged in a TOP SECRET project for my husband, who has a birthday coming up very soon.

Have a lovely day.
Be well, Kate :)

No comments: