Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Some burlap pew cones

Hello, friends. How are you today? It is "wicked hot" in New Hampshire. My boys had the opportunity to see the thermometer climb to 100 degrees Farenheit on Monday. It was terribly exciting...

I am so fortunate to have so many brides-to-be place their confidence in my work. I have been busy, busy, busy! Dress hangers have been very popular this week, as have my burlap pew cones.

Here are some pictures of my first substantial order of pew cones. These were made out of ivory/natural burlap and apple green ribbon:



and these were made out of the same fabric with grape ribbon:



I photographed the cones on my warping board, which is used to measure warp threads. My warping reel gets the most use these days, but I still find the board to be useful in a variety of ways.

Lots of table napkins are still to be woven over the course of the next few days! There is always something to do. Like water the vegetable garden. Now. Everything looks droopy and tired!

Be well, Kate

No comments: