Monday, August 9, 2010

Burlap and lavender twig sachets

Hello, friends. Burlap and I continue to get better acquainted, and today I have a new item in my shop. Here is a sneak peek:



I guess you could say that I have been bitten by the burlap bug, which to some extent is true. Actually, the sachets are a result of having too many scraps of burlap lying around after cutting out pew cones, and I really despise having to throw too much fabric away.

Here is a photograph of what is on the loom right now:



These are going to be placemats, and they are going to be for us! I can't wait to see how my brightly colored Fiestaware looks on them. It is sort of a summer-y color, being turquoise/aqua, but I am fairly certain that they will add a bit of sunshine to those wintery days that we have here in New England.

Let me know what you think of the sachets! I am thinking about making some with acorns for a decoration, too, but I have to check out my supply in the backyard before I forge ahead.

Be well, Kate

No comments: