Saturday, August 21, 2010

Red kitchen towels and Londonderry Old Home Days

Hello, friends. I hope that you are having an enjoyable weekend. I had the privilege of doing some weaving for the Londonderry Historical Society this weekend during Londonderry, New Hampshire's "Old Home Days." A small table loom was set up in one of the front rooms of (what I think is) one of the very oldest homes in Londonderry, The Morrison House. The Londonderry Historical Society has taken great care to preserve the home, which is now filled with historical artifacts, including some pieces of "Londonderry linen." It was a real treat to meet so many new people and introduce members of the community to weaving. My husband took some pictures of the house and the demonstration area, which I will try to post soon.

For now, here is a bit of eye candy...



This cloth will be for towels and is woven in a balanced/straight twill. I love the cherry red and natural cotton colors together. I have one more towel to weave like this, and then I will tie on a new warp for another run. My towel inventory is a bit depleted (a good problem to have!), but it will be replenished soon since school begins this week!

No comments: