Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rustic burlap petal cones and a vineyard wedding

Hello, friends. This has been another busy week at Nutfield Weaver. I am soooo excited about creating some burlap wedding accessories for an upcoming celebration that will take place at a vineyard. Can you imagine a more enchanting venue? I've been doing a fair amount of custom work this week -- fall wedding planning is in full swing! Here is a picture of a burlap petal cone with sage green accents that I put together for a flower girl:




The plaid table runner is finished! It takes a while (at least for me) to get a good rhythm going when weaving with two shuttles. In general I am a one shuttle kind of gal -- but it is good to branch out. Here is a photo of the finished runner as it is drying on our deck:



Next on the loom will be a warp for kitchen towels. I have been winding a lot of warps lately and did a count today: 6 separate warps for kitchen towels + 1 warp of mercerized cotton for more spot weave lace. Maybe this says something about my psyche, but really, I think it just means that I love my warping reel.

Let me know what you think about my latest creations!
Be well, Kate

No comments: