Sunday, January 23, 2011

Warp chains

Hello, friends. I have a "thing" for warp chains. What is a warp chain, you ask? Well, a warp chain refers to a collection of measured threads that are destined to be placed on the loom. I measure and maintain the number of threads on the warping reel, and then make a "chain" of the threads in an effort to keep them from becoming a disorderly mess. Here is a picture of a warp chain:



I've got this chain on the loom and just about ready for weaving. I'm very excited to see how this fabric will look; the sage and natural cottons look pretty together. Very kitchen-y!

There is a new addition to my shop as of yesterday: Nutfield Weaver's burlap pew cone design is now available as a PDF ePattern! I am hoping that there are a few DIY brides that might like to give these a whirl. Burlap continues to be quite popular with brides-to-be this year!

Stay warm and be well,
Kate

No comments: