Monday, January 3, 2011

Weaving on Monday

Hello, friends. Today I have been making burlap pew cones for Spring brides and also working on my dishcloth fabric that is still on the loom. (An eight yard warp sometimes takes a while to get through!). I'm experimenting with new colors for the warp on these waffleweave cloths.

Here is a cloth that is woven from natural cotton (warp) and a soft mocha-y beige for the weft:



and here is the same warp crossed with a cherry red cotton:



I'd like to get my hands on a darker red sometime this winter -- one of those brick/barn reds would look nice in a kitchen, don't you think?

A new warp is being wound as well, for more zigzag twill towels, which were very popular in December.

Hope you're having as much fun as I am!
Be well,
Kate

No comments: