Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Building my brand

Hello, friends. I was tickled pink to reach a milestone sale for Nutfield Weaver this week--over 500 sales for my Etsy shop and counting!

After I stopped crowing about the number, I realized that I still have a lot of work to do to help my little venture to grow. Most of these areas have to do with "branding" my work (I've been reading, can you tell?). While I don't have the time or the finances to have a professional logo made or anything of that nature, I have decided to start small.

I'm reworking some of my photographs for my shop. Here are some examples:



With getting the zigzag towels ready for photographing in this way, I accomplish two things: I show potential buyers how their item is "packaged" (and I went for a minimalist, "eco-friendly" presentation here, even re-purposing leftover warp threads to bundle the towels); and I hope to unify the appearance of the items that are listed in my shop. Getting all of my items photographed in this way will take time, but eventually Nutfield Weaver will have a more cohesive appearance.

Aside from tweaking pictures, I'm busy with burlap and working on some new waffleweave dishcloths. Look at this festive turquoise fabric that is on the loom today:

There is always something to do!
Be well, Kate :)

1 comment:

hk said...

congrats! What a milestone! I just wanted to tell you that I loooove your work. It is just so organic and inspiring! I live in Nashua and I would love your fabric for curtains in my home. take care, holly