Monday, March 14, 2011

An old gent and organized chaos

Hello, friends. I've been warping away at the loom. More zigzag towels are finally in the works! Getting the loom ready to handle 600+ fine threads is an exercise in patience, and one has to be willing to accept a certain amount of chaos. Case in point:


The threading should be finished within a day or two from now and then weaving can begin!

This afternoon, instead of messing with heddles, I spent about 15 minutes watching an old gentleman beaver. It really is amazing how big these beautiful creatures are! Old Mr. Beaver was very cooperative, and allowed me to get about 15 feet away. I was able to see him blink. His tail was most impressive. Have a look at two pictures that I got:


and here he is making his way back into the water (look for that silky, wet coat toward the center of the photo):

What a treat to have seen him. I hope to have the opportunity to see him again.

Be well,
Kate :)

No comments: