Thursday, April 14, 2011

Living with handwovens

Hello, friends. It's been a busy week here at Nutfield Weaver! The loom is just about warped with a new kitchen towel design. It is always exciting to throw the shuttle for those first few inches of weaving. Look for a picture of the new fabric soon!

There were discussions in the Etsy team forums today about "why" people should bother to support handmade work. For me, a lot of it has to do with supporting traditional craft. It is also about making a connection with the person who worked to create an item. I really like hearing from my clients about how they use their pieces. I was tickled pink when a customer told me that she uses my waffleweave dishcloths in her bath (they're that soft!). Here is just one of the many ways I use handwoven textiles in our house:


Rosemary olive bread. Yum. Time for dinner!

Be well,
Kate :)

No comments: