Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Burlap wedding decor and a busy loom

Hello, friends. I've been away from my blog for a while. My family took a trip to New York City recently. We took in a Broadway show, visited two museums, and strolled through Central Park and the Bronx Zoo. I enjoyed NYC a great deal, but was anxious to return home to our little corner of Eden here in the Granite State.

Wedding season is in full swing. I've been putting together pew cones, flower girl baskets, and the occasional ring bearer pillow for brides. Here are a few pictures of my latest efforts:


The loom is busy, too, and the queue for new warps is continuing to grow. The "stepping stone twill" pattern is still on the loom. Here are some new color combinations for kitchen textiles:


Robins egg blue is definitely one of my favorite shades with which to weave. And the honey yellow is a close second.

Be well,
Kate

No comments: