Friday, June 3, 2011

Garden inspired handwovens

Hello, friends. Our peonies and rugosa roses have opened up this week. Early June is one of the loveliest times of year here in New Hampshire. The colors of the garden are certainly inspiring and very useful when it comes to staging photographs!

Here is my handwoven lace petal cone. This item has been one of Nutfield Weaver's signature pieces, and I thought I would shoot some pictures of it with some of our fresh flowers:


I can't decide how I want to title the farmhouse plaid towel that I am weaving here:



The color is called "grey mauve" by the manufacturer, but to me it looks more like a dusty rose or "purple cow," the color of one of my favorite summer ice cream flavors.

I think that "purple cow" might win. What's your vote?

Be well,
Kate

No comments: