Monday, October 24, 2011

Lace Christmas ornaments

Hello, friends. There is a definite chill in the air these days, but that is to be expected. We picked pumpkins this weekend at the local farm (and I bought more squash).

Here are some new pretties for my shop just in time for the holidays:

Spot weave lace Christmas ornament

Huck lace Christmas ornament

I like to offer a few Christmas ornaments at Nutfield Weaver
during this time of year and this is what I came up with for 2011. It is nice to have a few extra things ready for gift-giving, too. (We do have the world's nicest postal carriers here in Londonderry).

My farmhouse plaid table runner is ready to go on the loom. I'll start the warping process today and am keeping my fingers crossed that my thread counts are accurate! (It is a wonderful thing to have a mannerly warp).

Would you like to make your own fabric heart ornaments similar to mine? Let me know...If there is a bit of interest I'll post a tutorial in the near future. (Handwoven fabric is certainly not necessary to use -- the possibilities here are endless and enticing!)

Be well,
Kate

1 comment:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, lovely ornaments! The are perfect for those of us who adore Victorian Christmas trees. Looking forward to seeing your table runner, just know it will be beautiful.