Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Waffleweave kitchen textiles

Hello, friends. It is very waffle-y here at Nutfield Weaver. My first run of yellow waffleweave dishcloths was (finally) cut from the loom this week. I hemmed up the first set and here is how they turned out:


This morning I finished tying on a new warp for orange dishcloths:


So that's all for now! Our orchestra has a big concert coming up on Saturday night, so I am spending a lot of time with my cello, too. Here's more information on the New Hampshire Philharmonic, in case you're free on Saturday night!

Be well,
Kate

1 comment:

Thistle and Rose Handweaving said...

Oh how I wish I was free to sit and relax and listen to you play your Cello, sigh it does sound like a fine way to spend the evening. Do you like opera? I just discovered a tenor who is lovely to listen to and just as lovely to look at - Vittorio Grigolo - if you listen to him let me know what you think. My opinion is... le, sigh....

The waffle weave dishcloths are super, what weight of yarn did you use? I am guessing 8/2 but it is hard to tell in the pictures. Thinking I need to weave some of these for Christmas gifts.

Enjoy your concert, wish I could attend. All the best, Martha