Monday, November 28, 2011

In love with moss green

Hello, friends. I hope that you all had a pleasant Thanksgiving! We managed to avoid the malls and shopping in general on Black Friday. (Actually, my husband did go to the grocery store and scored some Black Friday priced sweet potatoes at $.49 per pound).

I have a short run of farmhouse plaid dishtowels on the loom:


The background color is white and the contrasting color is a nice mocha brown. It reminds me of hot chocolate. :)

I think that I have a new favorite color. It is a lovely mossy green - not as dark as a hunter green and definitely not a lime:


The warp of moss green and cream will eventually turn into table runners and pillow covers. I am so anxious to see how these colors work up that I secretly wish that I had a second (little) floor loom. (But really, one floor loom is enough).

Be well,
Kate

3 comments:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished goods. Are you playing the cello in the back ground music? Lovely!

Simplesmente Silvinha said...

Beautiful colors , congratulations
http://tearpiaocupacional.blogspot.com

Nutfield Weaver said...

The recording is of Yo-Yo Ma playing "Mediation on Thais" -- it is one of my favorite pieces to play (very popular at weddings) -- and to listen to. It is often heard with violin or flute -- but I like the richness that the cello offers the piece. :)