Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nantucket Cranberry Pie

Hello, friends. I have a recipe that I'd like to share today for a very New England-y dessert. It features fresh cranberries, and it is a delightful addition to your Thanksgiving meal.


Nantucket Cranberry Pie

Ingredients:
2 c. chopped fresh cranberries
1/2 c. chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
3/4 c. melted & cooled butter
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. almond extract (don't use the fake stuff)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cranberries & nuts together and place in a buttered pie plate. Set aside.

In a medium sized bowl, mix eggs, butter, sugar, flour, salt and almond extract together. Stir until smooth & pour over cranberry mixture. Bake for 40 minutes.

The "pie" has a topping that is really more of a cake. It is one of our favorite recipes; I think I've made it for at least 16 Thanksgivings so far!

Please let me know if you try it & if you like it!
Be well,
Kate

No comments: