Friday, November 4, 2011

Some new handwoven pieces

Hello, friends. While I love to weave fabrics for practical (read: kitchen duty) purposes, this week I took a small step in a new direction. Here are two new handwoven items: one for the table and one for your favorite chair:


A table runner in rust & natural cottons is shown in the above picture, and just below is a new pillow cover in cranberry red:


There is also a table runner in cranberry & natural that is just about ready. How about that little chair in the photo with the pillow cover? The chair is very old and was re-caned by my grandmother ("Grannie," to my boys). My grandmother has been caning chairs for years and will be teaching my father this important craft next week. Maybe I will learn some day, too.

Be well,
Kate

No comments: