Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Vintage lace and burlap flower girl basket

Hello, friends. I have been receiving more and more queries regarding lace trims and my burlap wedding items these days. The combination of the rustic-looking burlap and delicate, airy lace has a definite appeal. So, I've decided to do some experimenting!

Here is a new burlap flower girl basket:


What do you think? I love this vintage lace, which I found from Heather via her Etsy shop, ForsytheCompanyStore. The lovely larkspur is, as you may have seen from some of my previous posts, Cindy's, from Etsy shop LarkspurHill.

And thanks to my grandmother, Mickey Tanner, for your wonderfully re-caned antique chair. (It is becoming my favorite go-to photo prop!)
Be well,
Kate

1 comment:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, the wide Cluney lace on your basket is the perfect touch. Love the larkspur, reminds me of far off spring. Happy weaving