Sunday, January 15, 2012

Handwoven Valentine

Hello, friends. We have sub-zero temperatures here in New Hampshire, but the sun is shining so it is a lovely day to dress the loom. I'm putting more "zigzag" dishtowel fabric on the old girl today.

Valentine's Day is just about a month away and while I haven't woven fabric specific for this holiday, I did put together a little, pretty Valentine for someone's sweetheart:


I used a small remnant of ivory huck lace for the fabric insert and a rich burgundy ribbon to hold it all together.

My sweetheart gave me a gift certificate to Harrisville Designs for Christmas this year, and I purchased a copy of Marguerite Davidson's famous 4 harness pattern book. What a treat.

Stay warm & be well,
Kate

1 comment:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, your card is just lovely. Know you will enjoy the Davidson book, it has a ton of interesting patterns. Stay warm!