Thursday, February 16, 2012

Woodland animal love

Hello, friends. It was a good day for woodland animal viewing at our house today. My son, Andrew, and I watched a fox dance across the ice in the marsh this morning. He had a gorgeous tail. We even watched him sit down for a bit. The fox-spotting set our dog, Ingrid, into a bit of a tizzy so we went on a long walk to help her settle down. And on our walk, we spotted a pileated woodpecker and heard him call. What a beautiful bird! (And hardworking, too). I wish I had my camera handy for photographing these creatures - ALAS!

This afternoon brought a lovely couple to our birdfeeder:


And then a chickadee joined in:


Aren't they charming? I didn't want to step too close with the camera as the cardinals are a bit skittish. Chickadees are cheeky and don't seem to be afraid of much of anything or anyone.

A good day all in all. I hope that yours was splendid.
Be well,
Kate

2 comments:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, my favorite birds are cardinals and your pair are just lovely. I like your bird feeder, did you make it?

Nutfield Weaver said...

Hi, Martha! We did not make our birdfeeder. We've had it at least 5-6 years, so it has weathered a fair number of winters in addition to many animals who have managed to find their way onto the feeder. I felt so lucky to catch Mr. & Mrs. Cardinal together - she is sort of shy. :) Happy weaving, Martha!