Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tiny handwoven wearables

Hello, friends. I'm having so much fun working on some new, very tiny pieces for Nutfield Weaver. Why handwoven jewelry? Well, I'll tell you. As many of you know, I play the cello in the New Hampshire Philharmonic. Concert night is my big opportunity to "dress up" (after housekeeping, tending to animals & boys, making cheese, etc...). Playing the cello is a pretty physical activity, and wearing clothing that has a lot of drape just don't work out well. (I have lovely handwoven shawls and scarves, but these would end up falling off or slipping and would divert my concentration).

So these "miniature handwovens" are things that I can wear, even on concert night. Here are some of the latest creations:




I think I'll keep a pair of the royal blue and black for this week's performance. If you're in the vicinity of Manchester, New Hampshire on Saturday, March 17th, the NH Phil is performing at the Palace! Celtic music, a harp concerto -- it doesn't get much better than this!

Be well,
Kate

3 comments:

Alicja said...

Very nice jewelry :)

Nutfield Weaver said...

Thank you, Alicja! :)

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, you could also wear one of your beautiful brooches! Enjoy your evening.