Thursday, March 29, 2012

A visit to CraftBoston

Hello, friends. I hope that you have had a most pleasant week.

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to visit "CraftBoston," the annual spring show of the Society of Arts & Crafts at the Seaport World Trade Center. The exhibits were wonderful and inspiring, but the BEST part about making the trip to Beantown was most definitely meeting my friend, Elena Rosenberg, in person for the first time.

Many of you Etsy-ish readers probably know Elena as "TickledPinkKnits." Elena's photographs of her pieces are absolutely stunning, as you may have seen on her website, but having the chance to touch and to see her items right up close was an extra special treat.

Here is one of my favorite Elena Rosenberg pieces:


Isn't this a beautiful, hand-knitted wrap? (And if feels wonderful, too).

Elena's patterns are also available for purchase. I am a big fan of her fingerless gloves, and made several sets as Christmas gifts this year:


It was delightful to have the chance to meet Elena in person. What fun! And my wonderful husband even bought me one of her handknit hats (my Scottish grandmother would have called it a "tam"), which I have worn nearly every day this week since we are back to winter-time temperatures here in New Hampshire. Elena is a gem in the vast world of fiber arts, and I hope that you will check out her wonderful, heirloom-quality pieces.

Up next: pretty Nutfield Weaver handwovens perfect for Mother's Day.

Be well,
Kate

No comments: