Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A blue loom

Hello, friends. I hope that this finds you enjoying your day! It is raining at Nutfield Weaver's house today. Our garden looks very happy, though. And I saw our first hummingbird this morning! I keep hoping that our new little friend will think about building a nest here.

"Summer & Winter" is still on the loom. I am enjoying blues lately. Here is a nice colonial blue:


and here is a robins egg blue:

These will be little table squares.

I am very pleased about some news I received this week. I will be exhibiting at a small artisan fair here in Londonderry in September. This will be my first "public" event beyond demonstrations with the Londonderry Historical Society or in the public schools. How fun will this be? My boys are very excited about it, but I suspect that this is because I will need to purchase a smartphone that will accomodate a credit card reader. They have strong opinions on these things, and I am sure that I will be given lots of information about "what is best."

Be well,
Kate


3 comments:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, I am so pleased for you that is wonderful news! Keep us posted on your preparations for the show, we all will be interested to see what develops. Smart phone--they are cool but I must admit I know absolutely zip about them. Listen to your boys they will help you figure out what one to purchase.

Nutfield Weaver said...

Hi, Martha! I'm excited to take the plunge this Fall and peddle my wares. I need to stop reading about "first-time-craft-show-horror-stories" on the Internet (i.e. tents blowing away, drenched items, etc...). I'm sure that it will be 70 and sunny the entire time, right? :)

Elena Rosenberg (Tickled Pink Knits) said...

Wonderful news, Kate! Tell me more when you have a moment. I'll be happy to help in any way I can!