Friday, May 25, 2012

A sunflower plaid

Hello, friends. Mother robin continues to look after her eggs. Yesterday I noted that there are FOUR eggs in her nest. She is a busy bird! I will keeping a close eye on her activities this weekend.

Nutfield Weaver had to make a rather significant business-related purchase this week. I decided to purchase a heavy-duty, burlap-only sewing machine. The amount of work that my 10 year old Janome was expected to do, especially with the heavy fabric, was beginning to take its toll. So my Janome is taking a well-earned vacation at the sewing machine spa. She will most likely appreciate having a more relaxed work schedule on her return and will be used for sewing my handwoven fabrics.

And speaking of handwoven fabrics, here is a photo of my latest plaid table runner. The design is a variation of my grainsack-inspired fabric. The colors here remind me of sunflowers and honeybees.


I hope that my US friends and family have a splendid Memorial Day weekend! We will be gardening and, of course, watching the nest.

Be well,
Kate

1 comment:

Birds, Bees, Berries, and Blooms said...

I love the pattern! The colors remind me of sunflowers and bees also.