Monday, June 25, 2012

Custom burlap pew cones

Hello, friends. Happy summer -- at least for those of us who are in the northern hemisphere. We've had lovely garden treats recently: sugar snap peas, greens, and herbs. There are a few beets out there in our veggie bed who are begging to be pulled. My husband and I love to eat oven roasted beets with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I've also found a use for some of the "rattier" spinach leaves that we have -- fresh spinach pasta!

I've been working on custom requests for burlap wedding decorations. This week I've been preparing a lot of cones (or "pew ends," as I've found that they're sometimes called in the UK). Here is one of a set of a dozen pew cones that are headed to British Columbia for a late summer wedding:



The loom is humming away. She has some red and ivory/cream plaid dishtowels in the works right now. A yellow and white warp chain is patiently waiting its turn in the weaving line.

Be well,
Kate

No comments: