Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Apple Country Craft Fair 2012

Hello, friends. Happy September. I am really looking forward to exhibiting at Londonderry's 25th annual Apple Country Craft Fair this year. We have attended for years, but this is the first year that I will have a booth of my own. I hope that you'll stop by to say hello!

While I plan to take many of Nutfield Weaver's more popular handwoven items (like the farmhouse plaid dishtowels) to display, I have made a few things that are new, most notably placemats and sachets.

Here is one of the placemats:


These are available in sets of 4. The yarn used here is a soft but sturdy mercerized cotton in sage. I made a second set in chocolate brown, too.

Here is my favorite new little thing:


This little sachet is made from spot weave lace and filled with organic flax seeds and essential oil of lavender. I made up a baker's dozen or so of these. They smell quite nice!

Hopefully the weather will hold for all of us who are out and about this weekend.

Be well,
Kate

2 comments:

Thistle Rose Weaving said...

Kate, the new sachet and placemats will be a hit at the fair. Hope your weather is fair and the weekend is fun for you.

heatherabarrick said...

lovely additions! my mom uses flax seed with dried lavender to fill her microwaveable hot compresses. i love how they smell:)